Aug 31, 2008

Have you ever canned peaches?

I hadn't, untill a week and 1/2 ago. :) My sisters and I went to some friends house and canned peaches. We had fun boiling the peaches. We boiled them for about, 1 minute. Then we let them soak in cold water for about, 10 seconds. Then we did the fun and slimy part of getting the bad parts and the skin off.Then we cut up the peaches and scraped some of the red stuff out of the centers. It was so much fun canning peaches! This was my first time. I hope I'll remember how to do it, because this would be a very helpful thing to do in the future when I have a home of my own. Well, goodnight, It's getting late, I need to go to bed. Bye.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi Becca!

I was just checking out your blog yesterday to see if you had updated it or not. Was happy to see this post today! :o)

The peaches look yummy! This is a great place to document this fun activity!

Love and HUGS to the family!!

Blessings,
Aunt Jennifer

Julia said...

Wow, canning peaches sounds like a lot of fun! =)

Cassie said...

Yum! Canned peaches! Sounds delish. yesterday morning we had oatmeal, so we cooked some pear in butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, for a topping,and they were fantastic. Love you, Bekah!
Cassie

Bekah said...

YUMMY!! That sounds really good!!! Mattie